10 March 2009

Please excuse my strange sense of humor...

I read a story for African American Lit class yesterday which I found hilarious. Turns out it was supposed to be a portrait of the struggles and determination to survive/provide for his family of an African American Male during the Great Depression.

But the story goes like this:
A family is in deep financial trouble and needs $100 so the husband puts on his wife's dress and heels and such and takes a job as a housekeeper. Turns out the man of the house likes to get drunk and hit on the housekeeper while his wife isn't home. So the wife walks in during this episode and then freaks out and gets a gun and shoots the guy in the leg. Then a doctor comes over and is like "surprise, this is a man". Then the couple bribes him with $200 not to tell anyone about this whole altercation. So the husband returns home in a borrowed suit, with $200 and bullet wound in the leg. And the wife is as confused as all get out. 

Does that not sound like something from some dark comedy movie? Maybe a prime time sitcom? Either way, I could not take it seriously.

Maybe I'm just abnormal. I was trying hard not to laugh in class. 

In other news, 

I can't stop listening to the hopecore.com radio station on iTunes. It is really great. It's the first radio station I've liked since I was 12. 

I'm excited to go home this weekend and leave Greencastle/DePauw. 

I wish qdoba sold their queso in stores. 

I hope my reaction to my professor's favorite author's work doesn't affect the way he grades my future papers... hmmm... DANG IT.